Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Judy Stone
Regular MemberPosts: 382
Like?
Finally entered the dSLR world
Dec 8, 2012

Yes, I finally bought the D800e+some lenses and accesories. Thanks to my DPreview fellow members for the advice on my purchase list. For anyone that might be interested I bought it from B&H, the camera came in brand new condition, my first shot showed 1 shutter actuation, and even though I haven't performed the rigorous tests described in this forum for the left AF issue, I took pics with AF points covering the whole range and they come out tack sharp.

This is my first dSLR ever as I come from P&S cameras (my last one was the G12). My expectation was that the learning curve was going to be a bit hard, however it was all the opposite, a very easy camera to operate at least the basic functions (of course I have yet to master all the special turnarounds and advanced techniques). When I saw the pics I took it felt like a wow effect, impressive quality jump from anything I got before. The gear feels heavy, but it is worth it given the IQ it yields. I don't regret at all the money I spent, it will provide a lot of pleasure in the years to come.

Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow