Started Dec 8, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coder01
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
canon pixma pro9000 mark ii VERSUS pro 100
Dec 8, 2012

Anyone who can offer some advice , help it would be appreciated.

I am a hobbyist with a discerning eye. I am interested in purchasing either the Pixma Pro 9000 mark ii (possibly even the 9500 mark ii) versus the pro 100.

Obviously as Canon has discontinued the 9000/9500 series they are available for considerably less than their new 100 printer. I am willing to pay more for the 100 if the prints will be somewhat better however.

My big concern is that Canon discontinued their red and green cartridges and replaced them with a grey and light grey in the pro 100. This seems most directed at addressing the weakness the printer had in printing black and white films. I doubt I will print much at all in black and white so this is not a selling point to me.

I am curious about color. How can the pro 100 with 2 fewer colors at its disposal for rendering images come close to the color quality / gamut that the pro 9000 can having I believe 7 colors , instead of 5 colors ?

In addition, has the technology of the two printers changed much ? was their much to improve between the 9000 and 100, or is it really just the change in cartridge color compliment.

Does anyone have experience with both who can comment on how they compare. I do not see any reviews posted which do compare these printers.

Is 5 colors sufficient for great color, along with the three shades of grey / black.

thanks,

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow