Any Samples of REAL D600 Images Spoiled By Oil Spots?

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fred Mueller
Senior MemberPosts: 2,346Gear list
Like?
currently using Bessler Dust Gun 100 cans
In reply to Patco, Dec 8, 2012

empty a full can to about 60%

tip the wand up about 30 degrees

pop off a few "all clear" confirmation blasts

expose the sensor (fresh battery)

insert the wand, MOVE THE CAMERA BODY - NOT THE CAN AND WAND

a few blasts will remove almost all dust

whatever is left (I'll bet almost nothing) is stuck on and will need a wet cleaning if you are really particular or its huge

buyer beware - but it works for me - and it takes all of a few minutes

for all the naysayers - frequent wet cleaning poses a far far greater risk of actually scratching the low pass surface (grit in the cleaning tool ! unless you only have "soft dust" where you live) well as risk of flooding E2 liquid where it should not go - and of course the gun is great for keeping the rest of the body looking good, as well as your glass

my basic thinking is that as a recording engineer I have been keeping piles of very much more expensive electronic gear clean all my professional life with cans of compressed air and propellant, and feel completely comfortable using the same on my camera sensors and basically have NO dust sensor issues because of it, that is, it's just so easy to blow the dust off ...

Do I get a few bunnies from time to time floating thru the blue sky - sure.  But this issue is far less of a problem than dust was in the film era, and boy did we use a lot of compressed air in those days - it was a god-send when it became commonly available ...

my choice, and my 2 cents

Fred Mueller's gear list:Fred Mueller's gear list
Nikon D600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow