ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NeroMetalliko
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
NOT OK: R3000 second print (ABW) - lot of regular linear scratches... :(
Dec 7, 2012

Hello,

today I have tried another print using Hanhemuhle Photo Rag Pearl 320 and ABW mode.

I was curious regarding the gloss differential with a real picture and a different paper.

But something really weird happened: on the right side of the printed sheet a regular linear scratches pattern is easily noticeable (see photo below)

Scratches pattern detail - right paper side

I'm really upset, I think this is not something acceptable.

Please note that, to better understand the dimensions, the right white paper border width is near 4cm and:

- this is literally the second print of the printer (two nozzle check on plain paper aside)

- the paper was probably not scratched before the print because I have inspected it. Cannot be 100% sure obviously because I was not specifically looking for something like that, but I think I would have noticed. In addition I have checked again all the other sheets of the same pack and all is fine.

- I have tried to detect something similar in my previous print (the one with the gloss differential, as per my previous post) and I can confirm that there is absolutely NO evidence at all of something like that there. However, it was a different paper (Hanhemuhle Photo Rag Baryta 315), so different surface finish but similar thickness.

I will do other prints to see what is happening but I have to admit that I start to fear now...

Do you have experienced something like that?

Please, help me to understand what it could be, if it is so paper dependent and/or if could be something wrong in my brand new printer... or whatever...

Any opinion/suggestion is welcome and I will apreciate it a lot.

Many thanks in advance.

Ciao.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow