Any Samples of REAL D600 Images Spoiled By Oil Spots?

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
evalf
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: Any Samples of REAL D600 Images Spoiled By Oil Spots?
In reply to Carl Maiorino, Dec 7, 2012

This is fixable in post when it shows up on non textured areas like the sky, but I've had it show up on water for example where it's extremely difficult to fix. Also, while one picture is quick enough to fix, hundreds of them takes a lot longer. Batch correcting pictures is hard due to new dust spots appearing between shots, as well as some spots moving around. So no, it's not that easily fixable in post. But that is besides the point: this is a real problem that affects real pictures and not just shots of walls at f/22 and it does not disappear after a few thousand exposures (at least in my case, see my thread about a timelapse after 7000 shots), and it is unacceptable to have to deal with this on a new 2000$ camera.

To those who say it's a normal problem that affects all DSLRs, I suggest you do an experiment: go into a store that has cameras on display you can toy with, find a wall you can take a picture of, and see for yourself how many spots you can find on each camera. I recently did this with a D600, a D7000 and a 5DIII, and while I could find a few spots on the D7000 And the 5DIII the D600 showed a hundred or so. Try it if you don't believe me. And don't forget, the D7000 and the 5DIII have been around for much longer than the D600, so all else being equal they should show more spots.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow