Purchasing from B&H

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ppage
Senior MemberPosts: 1,574Gear list
Like?
B&H and TAXES!!
In reply to kramericaman, Dec 7, 2012

Overall savings with B&H is $160, plus another $198 in not having to pay tax. $358 total savings.

I don't know why no one else is picking up on that sentence.  You will pay taxes.  Exactly how they calculate the tax is confusing, but they do charge you.  I live in Montreal Canada and I've been ordering from them for years.  If I ship to a friend's address in NY I pay NY taxes.  If I ship to Canada they calculate the taxes and pay CustomsCanada directly so the package comes through the border and reaches me in just a few days.

Where the confusion comes in is the amount of tax when they ship to Montreal varies.  On some invoices it's the full 15% that a we pay here as sales taxes to the provincial and federal governments, and on some invoices it's considerably less.  I'm afraid to ask why!

As for using B&H, on a scale of 1 to 10 they get an 11 or 12.  I even bought a Viewsonic monitor from them a couple of months ago.  This is a class act outfit all the way.

Cheers,
Peter

ppage's gear list:ppage's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow