Girl's Basketball--New Shooter here...Help and Comments please!

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
garykohs
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,527Gear list
Like?
Re: Girl's Basketball--New Shooter here...Help and Comments please!
In reply to luvmybec, Dec 7, 2012

luvmybec wrote:

Gary, that does look like a perfect lens for what I need. The 200 has really been too long (and pretty heavy) for what I've been shooting in basketball. I'll keep an eye open. I have not yet shot in Raw, so I'll have to figure that out. Thanks.

The beercan is a great lens - I have one and I've shot lots of baseball with it plus portraits, etc. - but it's way too slow focusing for basketball and it's not fast enough (in terms of max shutter speed with a max aperture at f4) for basketball.

Shooting Raw is not hard. What it requires is a program that allows you to quickly and easily convert your raw files to jpeg while also allowing you to make the adjustments - noise and exposure and white balance - that you need to maximize the quality of the shots you have taken. The best program in my opinion is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. It is expensive. I'm fortunate in being a high school teacher since the education price is $99. If you keep your eyes open, though, you'll find sales on Lightroom that make it well worth the price.

garykohs's gear list:garykohs's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow