Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bootsie
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Settings suggestions?
Dec 7, 2012

I'm new to the DSLR world, having just purchased a Nikon D7000.  I've been taking pics with the camera, reading the manual and also just started reading "Mastering the Nikon D7000."  I've got so much to learn and am anxious to do so.  My problem is that this weekend we will be putting up our Christmas tree and I was hoping to get some awesome shots of my kiddos while doing so.  For indoor pics of this sort, are there certain settings on your camera that you would recommend?  For decorating in a lit room and also for afterwards when the tree is lit and the lights are out?  I know I may sound silly for asking this, but I'm going to risk sounding silly anyway.  I'm going to keep trucking at the reading and taking experimental shots, but would certainly appreciate some advice on settings because I'd hate to miss out on great shots of this event.  Thanks for hearing me out.  Also, guess it would help to know that I have the 18-105 and 55-300 kit lenses and have also purchased the Nikkor 50mm 1.8D.  I tend to prefer pics with the bokeh background as well.

Thank you all in advance for your advice and patience!

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow