Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nikoj
Contributing MemberPosts: 783Gear list
Like?
Low light focusing X-Pro vs XE-1?
Dec 7, 2012

I am seriously thinking about augmenting either the X-Pro or XE-1 to my OMD kit to mainly use in low light. I am in the process of dumping my Nikon D3S FF kit, but I will miss the low light performance of the D3S. Comparing the files, I was really surprised to see the Fuji almost equaling the D3S in high ISO settings. From what I've gathered, the irony I am finding is that Fuji's great low light sensor is paired with a focus system that struggles in low light. I've heard one of the work around this is to use the OVF in X-pro and go MF... A $300 and 30% increase in size penalty, which I am willing to pay, if this really is a good solution. I've also heard the EVF is terrible to use in dim light settings. I intend to use the Fuji for taking photos in dim light capturing candid moments discreetly. I think it's perfect for that but I am hesitant to sink a minimum $2K in a system for it to fail at its main intended purpose.

Please give me your thoughts and experience... Thank you

nikoj's gear list:nikoj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow