Re: As usual
In reply to aus4ever, Dec 7, 2012

aus4ever wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Wheatfield wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

On the other hand you people who live in smaller countries and non nuclear countries like perhaps New Zealand, south Korea or Japan - you might have a problem China might very well decide you need to be a part of the Chinese empire and the United States like China having a great deal to loose and a anti military liberal government just might not be a posistion to stop it

China has shown absolutely no interest in military conquest as of recently. If you look at their practices in Africa, they go in, partner with the locals and do no strings attached business. This is very different from the American international business model which is based on economic conquest rather than simply doing business.

Your paranoia is laudable, but none of the Pacific Rim countries have anything to worry about regarding Chinese empire building.

-- hide signature --

It's the Conservatives, stupid

What a bloody retarded comment! Are you aware what is happening in Asia where Chinese is using its military might to take over Islands that belongs to Vietnam, Japan, Philippines, India, Malaysia etc....

As usual, you never look beyond your nose and therefore you can never get the facts right.
Those are territory disputes. Here is a start before you comment irresponsibly.

Territory disputes around the world

Unequal treaties

China territory concessions

Diaoyu Islands dispute

With your logic, shouldn't the US return the land to native Americans, Mexico and so on and move to live in Mars?

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

China never claim to any of these territories until they found out it has a lot of natural resources especially oil.

http://www.voanews.com/content/vietnam-rotests-list-of-chinese-sovereignty-violations/1558727.html

http://www.voanews.com/content/philippines-protests-depiction-of-disputed-islands-on-new-chinese-passports/1550883.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13748349

You are talking about Diaoyu Islands. If my neighbor used my parking spot without asking me and I didn't object, it doesn't mean that I agree it is part of his property.

If you are not careful, Australia will be on the Chinese list pretty soon....

If one day the world ran out of resources, China is unlikely to be the one to take over Australia.
So who is it going to be???

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

Why would anyone want to take over Australia? They would have to take over the Australians

-- hide signature --

Observing dreaming seeking

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow