X-Pro 1 RAW files - how long before Adobe support?

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,243Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Pro 1 RAW files - how long before Adobe support?
In reply to Badbatz, Dec 7, 2012

Badbatz wrote:

Alberto 1290 wrote:

Very bad ? Do you really use it ? And do you really (I mean REALLY) knows it ?

I ask because even if someone has the rights to think different, a totally negative assumption like this, sounds completely not authoritative.
without to be polemic...

No, I don't realy "knows" it because it is rather difficult to "knows", or even to perform the simplest tasks with it, it without spending significant, frustrating, time trying to figure it out. (Assuming it runs at all on your computer configuration.) And this is not an assumption, but my experience.

A RAW converter should be simple to use, regardless of any additional editing functionality embeded in it.

Ever since the early versions of NX, Nikon Capture has been the easiest of all editing software to use. We hardly hear of problems with it now. Provided one has a fairly modern PC/Mac it runs just fine. If there is a problem and you are running the latest version then the user's inexperience is the problem.

I use Silkypix for a rough conversion to tiff then NX2 and CS5 as necessary but recently I've been converting the RAF to DNG so I can use ACR.

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DXONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow