4/3 - m 4/3 forum - the eternal dispute?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Butchy
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
Re: Where? nowhere
In reply to amalric, Dec 7, 2012

amalric wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

When Olympus releases the next E-x it will have the same or better sensor. If Olympus ever decides to stop supporting DSLRs and the 4/3 HG & SHG lenses, then someday maybe I'll switch to full frame or the next best thing in another camera brand. I won't be switching to a m4/3 MILC (unless they make it bigger, add a lens adapter with PDAF and improve CAF beyond what my E-5 can do today). MILC are a step down from a DSLR, as we know them today.

That's only the tune you like to hear you, and half a dozen people. If you keep repeating it you'll believe it's true

Truth is that we get the latest sensor, one or two years before 4/3 gets it, if ever.

The best Oly micro lenses are beginning to have 20% more resolution, according to Lenstip, than the best 4/3 lenses.

Of course you can lock the doors, lock your Shangri-La, and put vigilantes - that is actually what you have done.

No less, m4/3 will get the technology much sooner, we'll learn to better process the sensor long before you - and what will you have learned by shutting your ears and your eyes?

Please keep singing that tune: I find it very moving, like music in a concentration camp, a self imposed one.

You will get less ands less information, but you are great artists, all the five of you -so who cares?

Am.

PS I didn't start the thread, did I?

-- hide signature --

Yes I agree, you have the best technology and will always have. You may like to post it also on Canon and Nikon forums.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow