DjarumBlack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,418
Like?
Re: Oxymoron: Tabloid Photographic Ethics
In reply to BMWX5, Dec 7, 2012

BMWX5 wrote:

coudet wrote:

BMWX5 wrote:

We can go round and round but the fact is, if he was SINCERE and a decent person, he would have deleted the photos!

Would that have brought the man back to life?

No but the pain for the family is probably less not seeing their love splattered all over the web and front page of the newspaper!

Photographer had no respect nor dignity at all!

Where do we draw the line as to what is acceptable? I see street photos all the time of homeless, sick, or dying people from professional and amatures alike on websites just like this one.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but photos, just like these, are sometimes highly valued as good photojournalism. Why is this situation any different? Oh, thats right, photos in Africa of dead piled up bodies or of soldiers getting shot are ok, but this isn't. Where is the line drawn.

If it were me who had taken the photos, I would have asked the family first. I still would have given them to authorities if they were valuable in determining the circumstances of the situation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow