Another EM-5 body or a smaller back up cam (E-PL5)..any thoughts?

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
luigibenet
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Re: Another EM-5 body or a smaller back up cam (E-PL5)..any thoughts?
In reply to DLBlack, Dec 7, 2012

Ever since I became a semi-pro with paid jobs, I have had a back up camera. They have always been a 'lesser' (ie E30 for E5) camera to my main camera for obvious cost / size considerations.

As of the M5, I have TWO of the SAME camera, and am loving it. If I am in a dark enviroment or in a hurry, the dials/controls and settings are the same and it is easier to remember and change quickly.

That said, I also started to carry TWO cameras (dual strap systems are $20-25 on eBay). Depending on the event, I use two prime lenses and can cover 98% of what I want with that set up. Once in a while I have to crop more than I want, but normally that is the exception.

In any case, even with a better zooms when they are available, I am not sure I will go back to them. Although if there were a 12-35mm F2.0 and a 35-100mm F2.0, I Might change my mind and always have 24-200mm covered with two cameras! LOL!!

Just my perspective and 3.75 cents (inflation you know)

luigibenet's gear list:luigibenet's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow