Considering moving from DSLR to PS Sony gear. Thoughta?

Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
seilerbird666
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101
Like?
Re: Considering moving from DSLR to PS Sony gear. Thoughta?
In reply to Richard Spangler, Dec 7, 2012

I own a Sony a330 and a Sony a55 and I shoot a lot of BIF. I have a two week trip planned to Disney World in February and it will be the first time there for me. I decided I don't want to lug an SLT or a DSLR around WDW 12 hours a day for 2 weeks due to the weight and the possibility of damaging the camera with either water or banging it into something.

So I decided to buy one of those P&S cameras that are waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, dustproof and crushproof. So I got a Pentax WG2 GPS for $259 and I am in love with the camera!!!

I am shocked at how much I love the camera. I has a whole bunch of things it can do that neither of my more expensive cameras can do, like interval recording. It fits in my pocket. Now the image quality is a bit softer than my SLT and DSLR but I found out that I really don't care. I love the ease of use and the small size, and I will be able to go scuba diving with it.

I am not giving up my more expensive cameras. You can't shoot BIF with a P&S (outside of the occasional lucky shot). But the new camera provides me with a lot more shooting opportunities.

If you wish to check out some images from this camera then click here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/SeilerBird/November?authuser=0&feat=directlink

There are 36 photos in the album. Some were taken with the a330, some with the a55 and some with the WG-2. See if you can tell which was taken with which camera. The answer is found by clicking the "full details page" link in the upper right hand corner of the page.

-- hide signature --

My photos:
picasaweb.google.com/seilerbird

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow