Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
M.M.
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
Re: Help T3i so slow focusing, keep missing shots
In reply to beagle1, Dec 7, 2012

beagle1 wrote:

M.M. wrote:

Hello, I am a beginner with a canon T3i. I got the camera last year so I could get good pictures of my first newborn Granddaughter, but now that she just turned one and is moving around a lot more than a newborn, the camera takes so long to focus that I keep missing good shots because it's so slow. I shoot mostly indoors but even with good light it's still so slow, I keep missing good shots. I read a lot of reviews before buying this camera which took me a long time to save up for, so I know it's a great camera. It's so frustrating! I mostly shoot in Auto or P, I have a Canon EFS 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS lens and a Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8. Please help any advice would be much appreciated.

MM

the 50mm 1.8 lens although inexpensive is not known for having the auto focusing but in good light you should get good shots. You can also use an external flash which has an IF focusing light beam which helps with indoor pics. Also instead of auto mode use "Av" or TV mode with the center AF point

Thank you

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow