Received GH-3 today from B&H

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
moenkopi
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Received GH-3 today from B&H
In reply to ryan2007, Dec 7, 2012

ryan2007 wrote:

Received GH-3 today, charging battery first and reconfiguring camera bag (s).

Just handling the body only it does feel great in hand no question. Its close to size of a Nikon D90 and yes GH-3 is a mini-DSLR. The 12-35 2.8 that was on my GX-1 now on the GH-3 you can feel it was really made to balance well with the GH-3 more so.

The battery compartment is spring loaded when moving the lever to open that.

Complaint: I agree with the report the rear dial is very awkward to use while holding the camera normally and then using your thumb to turn the dial. You have to reposition a bit and if you have thumb joint issues (I don't) but it could be annoying.

I understand why the hub or ridge is there since the dial turns easily otherwise. Your palm would easily hit that dial and I think its a safety thing to avoid a function change by accident. I have not dug deep into the manual, but if the ability to turn off that rear dial is available maybe that physical part of the camera could have been left out.

As I recall Canon DSLR's have the similar rear dial but maybe those bodies being larger its a non-issue.

The bag part was very easy since I use the Domke F-6 little bit smaller inserts in my Think Tank Retro bag I customized for the GX-1 and the GX-1 still fits in the Domke F6 accessory short compartment should I need to do that. The bag is also going to be very easy if I really need to carry GH-3 & GX-1, but don't know that yet.

I am not as concerned about still performance. I am sure its not a step backwards. The video part and how well it functions like a video camera is 80% of what I need, and 20% for still ability and studio strobe integration with the monolights. Wi-Fi too is also important and i can compare that to the Eye-Fi card as well.

Mind if I ask when you ordered yours from B&H? I am still waiting for mine to ship. Thanks much.

-- hide signature --

The steam that blows the whistle never turns the wheel.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow