Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 969Gear list
Like?
What impacts RAW - once and for all!
Dec 7, 2012

I have had an X100 for over a year, and an X Pro1 for about a week. With the former, I shoot 100% raw, leaving the DR at 100%, ISO at auto, and everything else at factory settings.

Until Adobe/Fuji get the raw conversion straightened out, I will be relying more on jpegs. Shooting raw+jpeg from the camera.

So I have done some research, and found a bunch of favored jpeg settings. My question is, what impact will these settings have on the accompanying raw file?

Those that have the sharpening, noise reduction, color, shadow, etc. modified should not impact the raw files — I think. However putting the DR to Auto may, I just don't know.

Here are the settings now on my X Pro1:

raw+jpeg
Auto ISO 3200
Auto WB
Provia
Color +1
Highlights -1
Shadows +1
Sharpness -1
Noise Reduction -2
DR Auto

So, which, if any of these impact the raw files? And how do they compare to your settings?

I am processing the raw files in RPP and Lightroom 4.3RC. I will have to work with NR and sharpening on the jpeg files, at least. And, of course, there are no lens profiles out there for the 18mm and 35mm that I know of...

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +4 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow