Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,899Gear list
Like?
LX7: slow shutter at night
Dec 7, 2012

Took some shots of a Christmas Light Parade with my LX7.  Mostly, I used A mode, with AUTO ISO, with the max ISO set to 1600, handheld.  However, the camera consistently chooses too low a shutter speed.  For example, it may select 1/5s @ 200 ISO, or 1/10s @ 400 ISO, and so on.

I reset all the settings at least once, and confirmed that I was on AUTO ISO with a maximum ISO of 1600.  Yet the shutter was always too slow.

Am I missing something?  I took a quick look at the manual today but have been unable to find any help.  Would appreciate any suggestions on how to force a higher shutter, as I plan some more evening/night photos.  Do want to take advantage of that lovely fast lens, but need faster shutter speeds....

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow