How long does it take for the RX100 to be charged via USB

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin87
Contributing MemberPosts: 785Gear list
Like?
Re: How long does it take for the RX100 to be charged via USB
In reply to rio911, Dec 7, 2012

rio911 wrote:

I don't understand what you mean, the RX100 is only charged through the USB. You can get yourself an external battery charger but that is something else.

I'm guessing you mean how long does it take to charge the RX100 using a PC/laptop/Mac USB outlet? The short answer is... no one knows. If it is a first charge for your battery it also takes a while. Please take into account that some laptops and even desktops do not provide a fully powered USB. Also they all use different power supplys, etc.

So please provide us with some more information about your problem? Your RX100 is not charging when connected to the USB or what? Is it first charge?

rio

I bought the RX100 with US charger that accepts both 110V and 240V. I live in europe and in my country we use 220V but for some strange reason the charger won't charge the camera, so I have to use the USB 2.0 port on my PC
Since this is going to be my only source of charging I was wondering how long it would take. I have MSI P45 Motherboard.

Martin87's gear list:Martin87's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow