Nikon D90 or D7000?

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
RobS555
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
Re: Nikon D90 or D7000?
In reply to ViragSharma, Dec 7, 2012

I used to own a D90, currently have both a D7000 and a D600.  Both the D90 and the D7000 are great cameras.  The D7000 has superior flexibility and quality, but it also comes at a price.  You need to know what you're doing.  For me, the D90 produced beautiful shots almost effortlessly.  It's metering and focus was almost flawless in all modes.  The D7000 had a serious learning curve, and even as an experienced SLR user (I started with film SLRS), it took a while before I was consistently happy with my shots.  And it quickly showed me which of my lenses were "non pro."  So if this is your first DSLR, or you generally stick to A or P modes, you might want to consider why you're upgrading. If it's simply for better images, the D90 might make you happier.  If it's to expand your skills, the D7000 will likely force you to improve before you're happy.

Oh, and don't let anyone tell you that either of these camera's aren't professional quality.  Both are capable of professional results.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow