Which iOS app for processing SRW files?

Started Dec 6, 2012 | Questions thread
timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 682Gear list
Like?
Re: Which iOS app for processing SRW files?
In reply to viking79, Dec 7, 2012

viking79 wrote:

hootsmon wrote:

timedrun wrote:

i use an nx11 too. for ipad pp i use snapseed and/or photoforge 2 on an ipad 1.

i disagree about shooting raw + jpeg. shoot raw only and then convert in-camera the ones you want to pp on the ipad. the camera works much quicker imo and not every image needs to be pp on ipad.

in camera conversion i select downsize the raw to 6mp for ipad pp because i only have an ipad 1, the latest ipads can handle larger jpegs and even handle raw from what i can gather. although i find 6mp jpegs about right for the format and sometimes even 2mp for emailing.

good luck.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

Good info, thanks. Just smoke-tested Snapseed on a sample SRW, and it seems fine for intended purpose. Will also try SourceForge 2. Also, good tip about in-camera conversion; I had no idea you could do that.

Now that snapseed is free I am going to try that app too. I find the resize feature helpful too, great for uploading pictures from the NX20 to Facebook etc. What you can do if you decide to shoot raw+ is you use a lower resolution for the JPEG images as well. As mentioned, it just depends on if you want JPEG's of all of them or just a select few.

Eric

True Eric, if it is the intention to be uploading the majority of the photos to an ipad in the field, if on holiday for instance, then raw + jpeg would seem the best option.

It's funny how difficult I find it to appreciate what others may find useful until i'm almost led there by the hand.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow