Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pottsy74
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Could this forum be split?
Dec 7, 2012

After perusing this forum for a couple of months now it would appear to me that postings fall into a number of main categories being:

• newbie questions (ie why has the OMD-EM5 got two names?);
  • comparing lenses (20mm v 25mm, 7-14mm v 9-18mm you get the idea);
  • gear fault finding;
  • OMD / GH3 declarations of love / hate ("the buttons are too small");
  • Announcements of new equipment being acquired and tested;
  • tech-head type stuff using graphs and data to make some point that I (and I'm sure at least some others - come on you know who you are) usually don't understand;
  • showing off great photos (my personal favourite);
  • trolling
  • Other ___________________

I am wondering if it is time to ask the question as to whether DP Review could further break down the M43 Forum to some sub-forums so people can concentrate on the aspects that interest them?

I guess you could also ask the question as to whether it should be a condition of posting that you have done all in your power to find an answer to your question  (ie typed it into Google) prior to posting as I find that many of the questions here have been asked (and answered) before, either here or on another M43 forum.

(BTW I haven't checked to see if anyone has posted this type of question before by typing it into Google before posting).

Cheers

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow