Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ImagesInstyle
Contributing MemberPosts: 691Gear list
Like?
Shot with RX1 Today..my Observation.
Dec 7, 2012

Had a chance to shot with the RX1 today.

Very stealth little puppy it is!.

very solid built. Nice lens, and tack sharp!.

I like that the play button is at the top, and not at the bottom like the RX100.

Aperture ring was nice to use on the outside of the barrel of the lens.

Very easy to shoot in Macro Mode with having to go into the menu to set it up.

I set the camera to shoot in Tele converter mode (1.4x, or 2.0) under the "C" button

that is located right above the exposure dial.

To me, this is the nicest  feature to use with the RX1!! sort of like having a zoom lens!

but when shooting in this mode, the focus box expands considerably once it hits 1.4x +

so shooting anything past 5 feet was a challange to get sharp image.

Video mode was just as i expected sony to produce..very nice, clean rich colorful video.

When i first picked it up, i went to put it to me eye, assuming it had a EVF, even though it clearly

didnt..just a habit of a photographer who is use to shooting with a viewfinder.

Of course the rep didnt have either optical or Electronic viewfinder to test out...(go figure)

I am not a big fan of extending my arms, and holding out a $3,000.00 camera for someone to ride

by on a bike to snatch and take off with, so a viewfinder, is Paramount! any kind of viewfinder!.

It would have been really nice if sony built a small grip as an external  accessories (since there big

having a external viewfinder)..I would not want to put one of those Richard Franiec accessories on this b

beautiful creation..it just would not look right. (no disrespect to Richard though )

I did notice the auto focus was fast, but not as fast as the NEX 6, even with a kit lens!..and no, i am not

joking. it didnt lag like 5.6 lens would, but it just didnt snap super quick like the NEX 6.

It was not slow, but just wasn't blazing fast as i expected it to be with a 2.0 Zeiss lens and all.

I wish the 35mm 1.8 lens was available, because i would love to see a comparison test with :

the RX1, and the NEX 6 with 35mm 1.8 Auto Focus speed test..Yeah there two entirely different

cameras, but it would be interesting to know.

So all in all, its a Winner!..I see it winning alot of Awards..

the only small things i personally would want is: a built in viewfinder (dont care about keeping it the small size it is..)

and a grip to hold firmly.

I will also take a mic tommorrow, and see how that performs.

So theret it is... a street photographers WET DREAM come true..type of camera!.

kudos sony.

ImagesInstyle's gear list:ImagesInstyle's gear list
Sony a6000
Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow