Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,597
Like?
6D + 24-70/4L Kit?
Dec 7, 2012
I see the 6D is beginning to trickle in but it has the same old kit 24-105L. 

I have virtually all the L glass I want (perhaps there is room for the 35/2L) and definitely don't want to add the 24-105, but I think I'll really be able to make good use of the smaller lighter 24-70 F4L IS along with this smaller lighter FF body.

I know the new lens had a luke warm (at best) response to its announcement, but I think the extra aperture blade, newer IS/Focussing system, convenient Macro, all combined with a better noise ceiling on the 6D will make for a really versatile high quality package, substantially more compact and lighter than my 5D2 24-70/2.8.

Obviously it will depend on the lens performance, and critically how good it is wide open at F/4. However, the 70-200/4 is biting sharp at F/4 so I hold out hope that it will also be the case with this lens too.

But surely this is the lens that should be getting bundled as the kit lens for the 6D? With the emphasis of both being on compact size, they just seem the natural fit. I hope the current kit is just a stop gap to get the system into stores before christmas and once the 24-70/4 starts shipping, there'll be a 6D kit with it in the new year.

-Najinsky

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow