Jack Simpson
Forum ProPosts: 10,832Gear list
Like?
Re: K7 / K5II Battery
In reply to Steve1307, Dec 7, 2012

Steve1307 wrote:

Jack Simpson wrote:

Steve1307 wrote:

Yep. Batteries and charger is exactly the same on mine.

Nice since we are reamed $100+ for them down here. ($40 in the US)

Having a spare charger is handy too. One at the desk and one in the travel backpack.

Great advice Steve ... cuz I sell a lot of batteries/chargers to folks visiting Vancouver (BC) cuz, on more than a few occasions, people come to the realisation that whilst their battery may last a few weeks at home, on holiday it, generally, doesn't or the charger is, like the car/neighbours,etc ...., waiting at home for them

Cheers,

Jack

Hi Steve,

Yes, last time I was in Vancouver (May 2005 ?) I had a Nikon 5700 bridge camera and only 2 batteries. Man that thing went through batteries fast, even with the 1.5" back LCD screen off.

I had a Canon G2 over in Paris, with 2 batteries, and, whilst the battery life was quite good (relatively speaking), I was wondering why they would go as quick as they did ..... Of course, I didn't think that chimping was a battery waster :o

I remember "detouring" via the hotel to charge batteries.

Done that "more than" a few times

Maybe I should have detoured via your store to pick up a spare battery or 2 (EN-EL1 ?)

Trust me, many folks have ....  a bunch of people would spend a few bob to charge their battery up for a few hours which made sense if they were heading home the following day ... but a week or two later .... not so much :o

Anyway, no problems now I have a K-5IIs (K-7 backup) and 4 batteries.

Got my K-r and looking at the K-30 so I'll have two(2) lithium-ion batteries (Dl 109 or something similiar) along the AA battery holder and either Eneloops along with Energiser AA Lithiums

Just that I have no money for holiday travelling.

D@mn priorities

Cheers,

Jack

-- hide signature --

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY DOCUMENTARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkHKP4Gnd0
(*UPDATED NOV 16th*)MY BLOG.... www.nakedmanonawire.blogspot.com
****MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN IS MY 'VIEW PLAN'****
It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing

Jack Simpson's gear list:Jack Simpson's gear list
Pentax Q7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow