Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
WFulton
Senior MemberPosts: 2,607
Like?
Re: No EXIF
In reply to Mako2011, Dec 7, 2012

Mako2011 wrote:

I see a thumbnail only when I hit "view original"

FWIW, I see about the same size then, which is the original size linked (450 pixels, I think).   Whether it is linked or uploaded, I'm not sure.  Link was the intent.  First time I have linked images with the new forum software.

Run the pic here and see what it says for lens data and subject distance

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

It is an Exif viewer..  It does show 1.4 meters, same as the Exif says.  I know it is hard to believe, but you can believe it.     You probably can duplicate something close to it, but not all lenses are the same.  See the chart.

I assure you, and promise you, the actual distance was very carefully and measured and setup to be 20.0 feet (6.1 meters).

And granted, the TTL BL exposure should not exceed it, as expected, assuming it was correct (which it is is not).  This exposure is not precisely a match for 1.4 meters, since 1/4 distance should be four stops down, and I think it is less than three stops.  I could not say why, maybe it has limits.  But it is way down, certainly no match for 20 feet, for no reason anyone is proud of.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow