Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aftpic
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Hot Spots in 6D
Dec 7, 2012

I decided it was time for a new camera after 5+ years with my 5D (original).   Great camera and I think I'll keep it as a worthy backup.   For the new camera I've been on the fence about the 5D3 for a while (mostly due to, IMO, too high a price) and when the 6D came out it looked like a good balance between performance, features, and price.   The 6D arrived yesterday.

My main concern before it arrived was about how sharp it would be.   6D samples here on DPR showed very strong low light capability but appeared a little soft compared to the 5D3 samples.  So that's what I intended to look closely at...

...but after just a handful of test photos I noticed two hot spots.  The hot spots are appearing strongest between ISO 400 and 3200.  Below ISO 100 they're still obvious but not as strong.   Then they disappear at ISOs above 3200.   Quite annoying and definitely not something I wish to deal with in PP all the time.

Since I'm an infrequent camera buyer I'm not sure if this is normal.   If this is something that shouldn't happen I'll need to exchange the camera while I still can.   If it does happen on many cameras, any advice on the best way to deal with it?

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow