Sony a99 buyers that purchased their camera at Sony can

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michaels7
Contributing MemberPosts: 504Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony a99 buyers that purchased their camera at Sony can
In reply to Caracita, Dec 7, 2012

Caracita wrote:

Michaels7, I would love to know what you paid in stores for the Sony a99 with the education discount (wondering if it would be worth the drive to my nearest Sony store for a price match).

I purchased my a99 online using the education discount on Black Friday. I received the camera last Friday, but no television. I spent close to two hours on the phone with Sony trying to convince them that they had offered a free tv with any a99 purchase, and they kept telling me they had never heard of that offer (and alternating between placing me on hold for extended periods of time). Thankfully, I had taken a screenshot of the black friday special when I placed my order, so they eventually said they would honor it (very begrudgingly).

Hi Caracita. The price for the education version for me was 2519.99. After tax the total was 2731.04. Camera price is the same, but my State tax price in store was different from the online State price. Keep your State tax price in mind.

Regarding Sony. I can't stand their customer service department. It's disjointed and inconsistent. Someone else on this thread went through this. I even had one of the salesman in the Sony Style local store try to tell me that my student discount doesn't qualify because it's similar to a bundle package deal. I'd corrected him by pointing him to his employer's website where he'd clearly see that education, Sony employers are offered the same deal that the other consumers are offered. At first I'd thought that he was trying to run game on me. Now I'm thinking that these people are trained very poor where they're not informed. Smh.

Michaels7's gear list:Michaels7's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow