Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
olindacat
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
Re: Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)
In reply to RicksAstro, Dec 7, 2012

For roughly the past week, Mack's CSR and us have played phone tag, but the bottom line is the camera was declared a total loss, and apparently new one or a a replacement has been shipped out via UPS.

Notwithstanding the insults hurled at me here, I must say that while the Sandy impact on the company was horrible, I feel the way in which the exchanges went between the customer and the company were pretty weak.

Still, the bottom line is the company did what they said they would do, so far, and in today's uncertain world, where every caveat and excuse for making good is used to screw us, I have to give Mack a big hive five for delivering, albeit with a process that, regardless of the storm, was still shaky at best.

If I were some big guru, like Ken Rockwell or Thom or whoever, I would give this company a 'buy' rating. I will not know what they have sent me until I return to NYC on the 20th. I have no written information about exactly what I am getting, etc.

Pearl at PC nation has had a great sense of humor and has really been the reason why I must say I am thrilled, THRILLED, to have an alternative the B&H Photo. They drive me nuts.

I will, of course, 'document' what it is that arrives, including photos and the like.

olindacat's gear list:olindacat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow