How many leave the Big Dog (D700/D800) at home while traveling and take a smaller camera instead?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
tonyswash
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Having the right camera strap can make a huge difference
In reply to ARB1, Dec 7, 2012

I have done a lot hiking with the D800 and before that with the D700, with a variety of lens and at times I have found carrying a big DLSR cumbersome and awkward, especially if you are using an lens with bulk and weight. Then I got BlackRapid Curve (RS-7) Strap, suddenly the camera was hanging comfortably by my side or tucked into the small of my back, but was instantly available for a shot.

I also got the Brad add on underarm strap which holds everything very securely in place plus the Joey3 add-on pouch that can carry your phone/GPS/Memory cards (I sometimes use it to carry my Sony RX100 compact which I like to have as a back up when I am using a lens with limited or no  zoom on my Nikon). I love the way you can quickly lock the camera behind your back for when you have to scramble or climb over rough terrain.

I don't want to go on and on about this but I was astonished at how much difference getting this strap made and how much more comfortable and easy lugging the D800 around was. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow