Started Dec 6, 2012 | Questions thread
Spendthrift
Contributing MemberPosts: 723Gear list
Like?
Re: D800E at B&H???
In reply to caspianm, Dec 6, 2012

caspianm wrote:

Spendthrift wrote:

I'm about to make the final step in switching from Canon. I've sold off my 5D3 and most of my lenses. I'm looking at picking up the D800E from B&H, but, I'm concerned with this whole focus issue thingy. I've already returned a refurbished D800E that I picked up a couple of weeks ago because it was affected, and I've seen it in a demo D800E that I tried at a local camera shop, so, I know the problem isn't just internet hype.

I called and spoke with someone at the pro camera department at B&H and they said if there is an issue with a shipment of cameras, their policy is to send that shipment back and bring in new stock. He claimed that they have fresh stock that is moving quickly, suggesting that they are constantly getting in new shipments.

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a D800E very recently from B&H and found that it works as intended. I really want to hit that place order button, but I'm hesitant.

If anyone has gotten a D800E within the last week or two, could you chime in with your experience??

Thanks

Evan

I have had access to 4 d800(2e's) all four been perfect. And they were not from new batches.

I believe you are not ready to buy.

Your logic is solid...hard to argue with it.....not.

Spendthrift's gear list:Spendthrift's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow