Installed Windows 8 Pro then every thing went wrong.

Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr. Cool
Regular MemberPosts: 497Gear list
Like?
Installed Windows 8 Pro then every thing went wrong.
Dec 6, 2012

After installing Windows 8 my computer kept freezing up. Windows 8 very unstable. Phoroshop was very jerkey. the computer slowed way down. I had to take my computer to a repair place and had Windows 7 64 bit reinstalled. This was a clean Install and I lost all of my programs. Finally got all programs reinstalled and every thing is OK except for one thing. I am having trouble getting a good print. When I got my computer I could see an image on the monitor and the print was a very good match. I downloaded a good color chart and measured the gray scale. Mid point on the gray scale was 128, 128, 128. This shows no color cast. However when I print this color chart I get a red cast. The first thing I do is to look at the gray scale and the print shower a red color cast. I could crank in a  -12 Red color balance and things looked better but not perfect or close to perfect. I did several nozzel checks all good. Then cleaned the head but still have the color cast in the print, I am using canned profiles but I have always used them with no problems or no color cast. I don't have the means to calibrate the monitor or create color profiles.  I am not sure if I have a profile problem or not. What do you guys think.

Mr. Cool's gear list:Mr. Cool's gear list
Nikon D7100
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow