Jeff Charles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,009Gear list
Like?
Re: Evolution "belief"
In reply to Barrie Davis, Dec 6, 2012

Barrie Davis wrote:

Don_D wrote:

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

(snip) Evolution represent the politicization of science.

Not to the scientists.... and most of the rest of us... no need to answer me as I've read your previous posts on this subject..

I think it is remarkable, and very depressing, that there are still people in countries purporting to be developed societies that CLAIM not to "believe" in Evolution... (as if belief had anything to do with it!)

Your first mistake may be thinking of the US as a developed society ;-). Take a look at this international Ipsos poll titled SUPREME BEING, THE AFTERLIFE AND EVOLUTION. In most categories, the US is closer to third and second world countries than it is to to other Western democracies.

Also, this Gallup poll from earlier this year found that 46% of Americans believe that God created humans in their present form within the last 10,000 years. Broken down by party, 41% of Democrats and 58% of Republicans believe that to be true.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Please proceed..."

Jeff Charles's gear list:Jeff Charles's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 RX100 III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow