Compact, Ultra High Zoom or Entry Level DSLR ??

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Questions thread
sanchil
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: Compact, Ultra High Zoom or Entry Level DSLR ??
In reply to Anshu Rohatgi, Dec 6, 2012

Anshu Rohatgi wrote:

I m thoroughly confused and the more I read the confusion increases. I like to travel and love photography (general) It includes historical monuments, sunrises and sunsets, flowers and family pictures. I bought a canon powershot SD1300 IS for a start about 15-16 months back but am disappointed with the results. I now want to buy a decent camera which can give sharp results with nice colours a zoom so that I can zoom in to objects when required.

Surfing the NET, I read many reviews and finally zeroed down on -

1. Nikon D5100 with Nikkor 18-105 mm AF-S DX Lens - but this is expensive

2. Sony HX20V

3. Sony HX200V

Can anyone pls suggest and help me. I m not ivery familiar with manual controls (Aperture, ISO, etc) and do not need RAW format etc. I just need a nice good camera that can take excellent pictures both outside and at family get togethres.

Thanx in advance, looking forward to your opinion

Anshu

I'm suggesting you look at the following mix of cameras:

For high Image Quality:

Sony RX-100, Nikon V2/J2, Olympus XZ-2, Panasonic LX-7, Fuji XF1/X10, canon sd 100,

For Zoom:

Panasonic FZ200 ... and a few others I'm not sure, panasonic TZ30 etc ... maybe ...

The cameras I listed are a bit more expensive than the ordinary point and shoots but are a fair bit cheaper than the dSLR .... I think ...

You could also consider a far better option of a mirrorless interchangeable lens systems ... to a dSLR.

Since you seem to have an affinity to Sony and Nikon ... I do suggest you look at Sony Rx100 and Nikon V2/J2 cameras... both excellent cameras. If you are willing to spend more then there are definitely better systems out there. I suggest that you go to a camera store nearby and have a look at all these models yourself. That way you will get a fair idea as to which may suit your requirements and budget better.

Sorry, I know I'm being a vague here ... but I'm just trying to guess what kind of camera may suit you best.

Have fun ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow