ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
audiolab1
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
D40x, next move?
Dec 6, 2012

Hello everyone,

I am starting to see some great deals on Nikon DX products as Christmas approaches. I currently own a D40x with 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED and 35mm f/1.8G lenses. The camera gets moderate use, mainly nature photography and family snapshots. I would like to get deeper into the hobby and I'm wondering what my next move should be. The D3200 has just been introduced and looks like it has some nice features. The D5100 is going for good prices with the D5200 introduction coming shortly. Even lenses like the 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR are being sold for significant discounts. I'm not sure what to do. Is a new body going to buy me much in terms of usability and IQ? I would like to take advantage of the video functionality which the D40x does not possess. Or would I be better off making an investment in a "better" lens and putting off a body upgrade until a year or two down the road? Would the D5100 or D3200 be considered a significant step up from the D40x?

Thanks!

Nikon D3200 Nikon D40X Nikon D5100 Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow