Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teseg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,924Gear list
Like?
Sony RX1 Lens Hood
Dec 6, 2012

Does anyone know if the Sony lens hood can go on the camera inverted, covering the lens rings when not in use, like many hoods?  If so, it may be the only reason I would consider buying.

Seperately, I received my eBay $6 hood.  I am quite impressed.  It spins nicely on my Zeiss 24mm NEX lens.  The metal is quite strong vs. some of the real flimsy metal that can be produced in China.  The finish seems to be quality, with a nice texture and semi-matte finish.  It has far exceeded my expectations, other than it being a spin-on.  The lens cap (of my NEX lens), when pinched pretty good will sit in the hood, but being a bit tighter fit than how it sits on the original lens.

I still have not received my RX1 but I am amazed how tiny this lens hood is compared to my other hoods, like the Zeiss 24mm.   I assume the dimensions are compatible to the Sony RX1 hood.

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow