ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe Porto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,010Gear list
Like?
Help with Canon SD800 IS replacement...
Dec 6, 2012

Hi all...

I need a little help replacing my wife's circa 2007 SD800 IS.

I have to say it's been an amazing P&S camera....has taken so much abuse by my kids over the years...lived in my wife's purse for half a decade (without a case), been dropped so many times, has most of the plastic coating worn off...but it kept taking great pictures...

I'm thinking about the 320 HS, or possible the 530 HS (longer reach, but possibly more fragile with the extended lens).

The problem is, I read so many reviews that the touch screen is cumbersome, and there is a lot of talk about these newer cameras failing prematurely.

I guess I'm wondering if I find a an older model before touchscreens and wifi, what would be the latest model since the SD800 that will still have it's simplicity and ruggedness?

Thanks,

Joe Porto's gear list:Joe Porto's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS (Digital IXUS 850 IS / IXY Digital 900 IS)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow