Am I asking for too much in 1 camera? D300, D700? for HDR (AEB) & mPixels Can't decide.

Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nicolae
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Am I asking for too much in 1 camera? D300, D700? for HDR (AEB) & mPixels Can't decide.
Dec 6, 2012

I have been reading constantly for the past few days to decide on an Nikon.

2 Key Points I was looking at:

At least 5+ (AEBs) Auto Exposure Bracketing and want it Auto because doing it manual beats
the purpose and my goal.  This is mostly for HDR using either Photoshop, Photomatix or Topaz

Pixels, I have a cheap Sony point & shoot @ home with 16mp and when I am reading and wondering about the low 12mp, or even 10mp... I was hoping for the D7000 to have at least 5 aes vs 3, @ 16mp would've been just right.

Now the D3200 is 24mp is more than enough but the aeb is NONE wha?!  My main question would be if NIKON has anything lined up for next year by March something with 5+AEB or 2-9 aeb, and at least 16mp?

Budget would have been around 1500$ even if I have to buy it used which I think it would be a reasonable as a 1st camera; but because it would be my first entry level SLR or semi-pro I would like to start off with Nikon and stick with it if I decide to continue.  My ideas were to take some photos and do prints 24x36 on canvas w/effects/etc or do some photo books i.e. Blurb.

One camera that kept on appearing on my radar was a Pentax K-5 (16mp) not the K7 (14.6mp) not sure if it makes big difference.

Thank you for any feedback and suggestions.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow