Help with backlit subjects

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 956Gear list
Like?
Re: Help with backlit subjects
In reply to Ryan Williams, Dec 6, 2012

Sorry to not have been a clear as I could with my OP. I have pretty good with photography for a long time, so I know the basics of backlit subject shooting, fill flash, etc. My approach to photography is to try to get as close as possible to what I am seeing with my eyes when I shoot the photo. I don't like fill flash, I don't really care for flash of any kind.

What I was looking for with my post was help in dealing with backlit subjects with these particular cameras — the X100 and X Pro1. Since I have been using them I have had a problem with backlit subjects. It is either something to do with the dynamic range options, or with the metering. This is not a problem for me with my 7D, or other cameras I have and have used.

I am sure this is operator error on my part. I keep the DR set to 100 and shoot in jpeg+raw...

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow