Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,637Gear list
Like?
Evidence of Sony censor?
Dec 6, 2012

I keep on hearing around these forums that the EM-5 has a sony censor, and that therefore the EPM-2 and EPL-5 (and some people say the GH3) also all have a sony censor.

Now sony is a good company when it comes to parts. Nikon and pentax have used it's sensors to make some of the best stills APS-C cameras on the market, apple use it's batteries in their market leading iphone (which although I hate it everyone else seems to love). I therefore have no issue with my cameras having sony parts in... as long as one of those "parts" isn't propriertary... or the menu. God I hate that thing... Anyways, getting of topic here.

As a science student though one thing that does bother me is that this is repeated as if it is gospel, whether by sony fan boys claiming it's a sign of the decline in m4/3, olympus fan boys claiming no panasonic camera can compete because it doesn't use a sony censor, or using it to point out the decline of panasonic because they have no resorted to a sony censor, panasonic fan boys... You get the idea.

All of this has been said though and I have yet to see one single bit of evidence, or a reliable source that actually backs any of this up. So, is anyone able to actually provide some evidence so next time I see this mentioned I don't just despaire at how much the human race reminds me of the sheep behind my house.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow