Fuji X-E1 or Olympus OMD

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Ray Sachs
Forum ProPosts: 10,248Gear list
Re: Fuji scores 0 and Olympus 10 on EVF
In reply to macautio, Dec 6, 2012

macautio wrote:

I have XP1 and OMD, and i like to OMD much more.

Files are about same quolity, but technically OMD is way a better quality.

I have both also (X-Pro and OMD)  and I agree that a lot of the statements found here about how much better the Fuji IQ is to be pretty severely overstated. I LOVE the look of the Fuji files, but it's a qualitative thing - nothing you could measure. And I love the look of the OLympus files too. The Fuji is a bit better at really high ISO (6400 and up), but I'm not sure it's a meaningful difference because I don't think the ISO values are the same when it comes to getting the same shot. I can generally get the low light shots just as well with the OMD, but I haven't really done any scientific testing of the ISO values - but both are great low light cameras.

I love both cameras, one as an ultra modern do-everything camera that doesn't have any real weak spots (other than AF tracking, as all CDAF systems do), and the other as sort of a throwback film like camera that's more limited but equally wonderful in its own way, and with its own look and feel and shooting experience.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow