Started Dec 5, 2012 | Questions thread
JCB123
Senior MemberPosts: 1,150Gear list
Like?
Re: Not enough information ...
In reply to David Lal, Dec 6, 2012

David Lal wrote:

aloha262 wrote:

I'm thinking about upgrading my D90 to a newer model. What do you think is a fair price I should ask for a D90 in excellent condition (body only)?

!

Where do you live? How many shutter actuations on the body? US prices for example tend to be lower than UK ones. You can look on Ebay for private sellers or look on dealer lists etc.

Personally I'd be wary of buying from a private person and would prefer to pay a bit more via a dealer, especially if a dealer warranty were offered. There's one here in London, with the 18-105mm lens for GBP£ 525 with only 4k clicks on it:

http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/products/secondhand.php?cat1=4&pg=1

David

Calumet are selling a new D90 + 18-105 kit for £545. This is quite typical that second hand kit from dealers is not much cheaper than buying new. It rarely makes sense to buy second hand from dealers in the UK.

To the OP. Dealers will typically sell second hand equipment in good condition for just slightly less than it can be bought for new. It is by no means rare to find that the cheapest source is actually new equipment. Potential buyers will expect you to sell for slightly less than a dealer would. You are basically looking for a mug. There appears to be no shortage of them though.

Regards

John

JCB123's gear list:JCB123's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow