Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Harvey
Contributing MemberPosts: 548Gear list
Like?
First Outdoor Shots With Nikkor 70-200mm f/4 and 14-120mm f/4
Dec 6, 2012

First Outdoor (action) Images with 70-200 f/4 and 24-124 f/4.

The gull shown against a setting sun-lit background was 'shot on the fly'. No time to adjust anything but the framing. I, literally, just got a glimpse of the bird headed towards that cloud. Thankfully, I had already adjusted the camera setting for the available light and was waiting for a moving target. I'm not a Pro. Just an amateur trying to get better. I'm sure this shot can be picked apart, but I like the colors and composition. Un-retouched OOC. Just reduced for web-posting.

The 24-120 nicely framed a friendly pelican just as the light totally died (sun below horizon).

Today is the first day I've used the new lenses on the D800. I'm pleased.

The 70-200 looks and feels 'weird' (in a nice way). It's LONG and it's SKINNY! But, oh lordy, what a joy to have such a lightweight performer. I doubt it will ever see a tripod. Between it's light body, nice ergonomics for holding, and the new VR (I can't tell if it really is good for 5 stops, but it's NOTICEABLY more stable than the previous generation! More later....

Nikkor 70-200mm f/4 + TC14

Nikkor 24-120mm

-- hide signature --

--

Mike Harvey

Michael Harvey's gear list:Michael Harvey's gear list
Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow