Re: A99 video test
In reply to Shield3, Dec 6, 2012

Shield3 wrote:

razvu wrote:

Shield3 wrote:

abritton76 wrote:

Another quick video test-

https://vimeo.com/54956258

Did this in between jobs so nothing special just a walk about town. Again really happy with the footage. Probably if you pause it and put your nose two inches from the screen you might see something but otherwise looks great.

Sorry for it being a bit rough and all handheld but I was in a big hurry!

Hopefully when I get some time I can put up a more polished vid but it gives an idea.

(don't forget to let it stream in a bit first)

https://vimeo.com/54956258

In a hurry? To selectively splice together and grade this footage, add a music soundtrack in, and yet ...drumroll...still NO deep depth of field shots here! It's the same old "Hey, most of the shot is OOF - so by default what's left must me sharp!"

I'm sorry but this is merely another shallow DOF fluff piece.

What did I just say earlier today?

You have read other threads from today about this camera, right? Go look at the one started by "photo chris". Just because something might be acceptable to a casual user or YOU doesn't mean it is for everyone else.

Reading all the posts, it seems that there are about 2-3 people complaining the most. Did you try to submit this problem to Sony, so they can do something about it?

Going back and forth here it doesn't help improving in any way.

So far, looking at the samples and reading all this, it seems that what bothers you is not the close ups (which at least to me and other users look sharp), but the wide angle shots, is that right? If so, again, I think the most productive idea would be to submit all these sample to Sony so they can analyze it and hopefully improve the firmware.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow