Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ccolby
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Slow wake-up after sleep
Dec 6, 2012

I just got a V1.  I really like it so far, but one thing that seems frustrating is the slow wakeup after sleep, especially going straight to the EVF.  I've only gone out shooting with it for one short day, but here's what kept happening:

1. See a shot.
  2. Lift camera to eye.
  3. Notice that the screen is black.
  4. Wait half a second (time it takes for the EVF to turn on when camera is awake).
  5. Notice that the screen is still black, figure the camera must be asleep.
  6. Push the shutter half-way.
  7. Wait several seconds until the EVF turns on.
  8. Shot is gone.
After reading so much about the annoyance of the forced image review -- which didn't once annoy me today -- I was surprised that not one review I read mentioned this.  I don't remember this being an issue with other cameras I've used (E-1, GH2, NEX-5N).
So, how do people deal with this?  Here's my tentative plan:

Anyway, I'm really interested to hear how others deal with this issue, or if it's just not an issue for folks.

I'm not sure what this will do to the battery life.

• Change auto power off from the default of 30 seconds to the maximum of 10 minutes.
  • Get in the habit of idly fiddling with the shutter button to stop it from sleeping.
Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow