Senior MemberPosts: 1,163Gear list
Like?
Re: LR4 import presents
In reply to suddie1215, Dec 6, 2012

suddie1215 wrote:

AC1 wrote:

Woodenfish wrote:

What you want to do is totally possible to achieve. This is how I do it:

1. load a Raw photo and open the develop module.

2. make the edits that you want to be included in your default import preset

3. while still in the develop module, press Ctrl+Shift+N to create a new preset

4. give your new preset a name, then click create

5. Now if you go to the import panel, on the right hand side under "Apply During Import" there is a line called "Develop settings". From the drop down menu, select "User Presets", and from there select the preset that you saved above.

Now when you import photos, your settings will be applied.

Good luck.

Woodenfish

Thanks for your reponse. This stioll doesn't quite work. I had already tried saving my 3 'must have' presets as a new User Preset and then applying manually once imported. Interestingly, it only applies 2 of these 3 setting (the Chromatic Aberration and Camera Standard Calibration make it through successfully). But the Enable Profile Lens Correction box remains unticked.

This 2/3 situation is the same whether I try to apply the preset manually or automatically during import as you suggested.

If you don't believe me try it!

You must select "Save New Lens Profile Defaults" from the Setup drop-down box in order for the Lens Correction to be saved and later applied with your preset.

While the solution given below works in this instance it is not a Develop Preset ... you've changed the defaults and that's not the same as a preset.

OK, I think I now understand the difference between a preset vs a default. But is there anything wrong with the (default) method I'm now using given I found it works? Is there any disadvantage that should me me reverse what I've done and go back to making the preset option work instead?

AC1's gear list:AC1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow