Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
R Johns
Senior MemberPosts: 1,801
Like?
Re: You know its here....Canon's apethy and lack of concern
In reply to meland, Dec 6, 2012

meland wrote:

Marco Nero wrote:

The only camera that Canon should respond to is Sony's interesting (but limited) new camera called the RX1. This is a Full Frame sensor with a fixed 35mm lens. At $3000, this thing won't dent anyone's market but the yuppies and hipsters that want an expensive camera will buy one... though they won't appreciate the features (or lack of) on the camera. 35mm pictures can get boring if your albums are full of this particular focal length and nothing else.

The RX1 is interesting but I'm not sure Canon would have any real desire to produce such a niche camera. Not at that price anyway.

I take your point about the 35mm focal length possibly getting a bit boring. However for someone who likes that focal length and can really work with it (not me I hasten to add!) the actual content of the image rather than just a variety of shots at different focal lengths could be more important.

I suspect there are many who if you took their bag of exotic lenses away and just left them with one lens only, would produce better photographs - eventually.

To each their own, I say.  I am not impressed with the idea of a fixed lens camera.  I love prime lenses, but not if I can't swap them out.  However, I get why some people like the concept.

I like your point about being left with only one lens.  I like doing just that.  That's how I found out my favorite landscape/nature lens is my 70-200mm f4L IS.  Gone is my instinct to put a wide-angle lens on my camera, when I head to the great outdoors.  I actually get excited about the possiblities, when I put that lens on my camera...  :0)

Regards,

Russ

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
G2X?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
okNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow