"Weighing" 16-50 versus 35/50/85 primes

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Allan Crowson
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
Re: "Weighing" 16-50 versus 35/50/85 primes
In reply to Allan Crowson, Dec 6, 2012

Well, I finally decided which way to go. I ordered the 35 and the 50. The Tamron was tempting, as was the Sony 16-50, but I decided to get the primes this time around. Rather than the 85, I decided to put the funds into a better tripod and extra battery, etc.

I appreciate everyone's sharing their experience and observations. It was all quite helpful.

Extra: I should have mentioned that I am in Nashville, TN, which has a lot of things going for it, but a wealth of camera shops is not it! The only chain, Wolf-Ritz, has gone out of business. They had some decent people working here locally, too! That leaves the big box people such as Best Buy, and they do not all carry the same spread when it comes to Sony. For instance the one closest to my home does not carry the SLT series at all, even though another one in the area does. That leaves, to my knowledge, one real photography store, and they are happy to sell you the Nikon or Canon of your choice….

For the tripod, I chose from the lower end of Sirui. Here's hoping…. According to the videos on their website, the correct English pronunciation is "Sue-Ray." Obviously my Mandarin or Cantonese could use some help! They apparently rely on forging rather than casting in their manufacturing process, which I find interesting.

Again, thanks for the ideas, all.

-- hide signature --

Allan Crowson

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow