Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Minos82
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: You know its here....Canon's apethy and lack of concern
In reply to Marco Nero, Dec 6, 2012

Marco Nero wrote:

mailman88 wrote:

.....Agressive Sony built the RX100 and everyone (competition) will catch-up in 2013.

I figure Canon is on drawing board right now to match Sony's RX100. Canon will trump the RX100, with the same spec's and...cheaper!

Let's face it: Canon do what they please, whenever they feel they have to do it.

Sony's RX100 was a ripoff of Canon's all-but -supernatural PowerShot s100. There's no mystery about it. Sony actually took to the Canon design and ran away with it. It's not like they pretended to come up with the design by themselves... and a LOT of websites pointed this out so don't blame me for biatching about Sony. Canon's s100 was already a super-camera in its own right. It is great in lowlight and has a good zoom range and focal length plus it's a little black camera that fits in your pocket and has a command dial plus a function ring around the lens base. All in all, Sony should really be ashamed at themselves. It's like copying someone else's homework and claiming it as your own. That said, the Canon image processor is still superior, as is the ergonomics of the menu. And the Sony image processor does a fine job of smearing all the fine details when the scene becomes too confusing for the sensor.

Sorry, but I have yet to hear a widespread "Lens Error" on the RX100.

Just that puts it in a different league.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
G2X?New
okNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow